Know Your Genes, Take Control of Your Health
Did you know Prostate cancer is the leading cause of cancer among African American men?
- All African American men are at high-risk of being diagnosed with and dying from prostate cancer1
- Approximately 1 out of every 5 African American men will be diagnosed with the disease1
- Black men are diagnosed at a rate 77% higher than white men and die at a 120% higher rate1
Genetic testing for prostate cancer looks at your DNA to personalize cancer treatment regardless of where you are in your journey.
Benefits of Genetic Testing
How it Works
Request Your Myriad Genetic Test Kit
Kits are mailed directly to your house and generally arrive in 5-7 days.
Work with Provider to Obtain Sample
Remote testing options are available and Myriad is committed to help you understand your options.
Your Genes are Analyzed at Our State-of-the-Art Facility
Myriad looks at your unique genetic information using the latest in sequencing technology.
Results available in around 2 weeks
Once results are available, they are sent securely to your doctor’s office. Your doctor will then help you understand your results and own your health.
Frequently Asked Questions
97% of people have coverage for genetic testing, with 3/4 of all patient’s paying $0. For those with an out-of-pocket cost – the average is <$60.
Myriad offers broad payment plans and financial assistance to both insured and uninsured patients may meet financial and medical eligibility criteria are met.
Your sample must be collected by a physician. Find a physician in your area here.
Toll free: 855-469-7765
Submit the form below to receive your Testing Kit
- American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures for African Americans 2019-2021.
- NCCN Guidelines Version 2.2021 Prostate Cancer
- Gomella LG et al. Introduction to the 2019 Philadelphia Prostate Cancer Consensus Program: Implementation of Genetic Testing for Inherited Prostate Cancer. Can J Urol. 2019;26(5 Suppl 2):1-4