Understanding your unique genetic information gives you confidence to choose the right prostate cancer treatment.
Myriad offers a suite of genetic tests that unlock answers to your most pressing questions
- How should I treat my cancer?
- Will I die from prostate cancer?
- Will the cancer come back after I’m treated?
- Are my family members more likely to get cancer?
Which test is right for me?
Cutting-edge DNA analysis
Myriad uses cutting-edge DNA analysis technology to identify how your cancer is behaving and what treatment options will be most effective in fighting it.
Prolaris tumor testing
Tumor testing for untreated men with prostate cancer to determine how quickly cancer is growing.
Genetic testing identifies if you inherited a mutation that may have caused your cancer. Available for all men with prostate cancer.
Benefits of Prolaris:
- The chance of dying from prostate cancer
- The chance of cancer spreading into other areas of your body
- Confidence to choose active surveillance or active treatment
Benefits of genetic testing:
- Qualify for life-sustaining therapy if cancer progresses
- Impact early treatment decision making
- Give blood relatives peace of mind by knowing if they are at an increased risk for developing certain cancers
- 5 million patients tested
- Committed to making testing easy and affordable
- Committed to keeping your genetic privacy safe
- Lifetime commitment to helping you understand your results and disease
How it works
It starts with your doctor
You and your doctor determine which tests are right for you.
Doctor approves the test order
After the test is ordered, Myriad will obtain the necessary cancer tissue from an existing biopsy or you will be directed on next steps for providing a blood or saliva sample.
Your genes are analyzed at our state-of-the-art facility
Myriad looks at your unique genetic information using the latest in sequencing technology.
Results available in around 2 weeks
Once results are available, they are sent securely to your doctor’s office. Your doctor will then help you understand your results and own your health.
How genetic testing is changing lives
(Click to reveal answer)
97% of people have coverage for genetic testing, with 3/4 of all patient’s paying $0. For those with an out-of-pocket cost – the average is <$60.
Myriad offers broad payment plans and financial assistance to both insured and uninsured patients may meet financial and medical eligibility criteria are met. Learn More.
Testing can take up to 14 days, but the average turnaround time is under 7 days*
Fill out the form below to receive a Patient Guide
*If for some reason you don’t receive the email with your Patient Guide download, make sure to check your junk folder.*
Download Patient Guide