Prolaris Makes Treatment Decisions Easier
The Prolaris test from Myriad Genetics gives you a personalized risk assessment of your patients’ prostate cancer. Prolaris gives you the complete picture on how your patient’s prostate cancer will progress by adding clinically proven information in combination with traditional diagnostic tools – like PSA and Gleason, to avoid guesswork and create a truly informed and individualized treatment plan.
Want to learn more?
Prolaris Clarifies Cancer Risk
One major attribute of cancer is that the affected cancer cells grow at an accelerated rate. The genes that provide information on the rate of cancer cell growth are called Cell Cycle Proliferation Genes (CCP). The Prolaris test looks at the CCP genes in the cancer to determine how aggressive the cancer is. The tumor aggressiveness score, also known as the Prolaris score, gives you biological clarity on how your patient’s tumor is behaving, thus helping your treatment plan to be specific and individualized for each patient.
See the Prolaris Advantage
Prolaris Improves Patient Outcomes
Prolaris is a powerful tool that combines personalized information on tumor behavior with more traditional clinical pathological features like PSA, Gleason, and digital rectal exam to create the most prognostic test on the market. The additive benefits of the Prolaris test offers you true utility by giving unparalleled insights into clinically significant disease endpoints like: Biochemical Recurrence (BCR), Disease Specific Mortality (DSM), and risk of metastasis within 10 years with definitive treatment.
Prolaris Provides Peace of Mind
Molecular tests like Prolaris are supported by NCCN guidelines as a 2A recommendation which are all considered standard of care. Furthermore, the Prolaris test is the ONLY test with a validated Active Surveillance Threshold in untreated patients3; giving both patients and providers confidence with their treatment decisions.
Prostate Cancer is a Hereditary Cancer
New research reveals that up to 1 in 6 men with prostate cancer have a hereditary, disease-causing mutation. if your patient has a significant mutation, they are at higher risk for poor outcomes and could be under treated.
When to Order
All men who have been diagnosed with localized prostate cancer are appropriate candidates for Prolaris testing. Ordering the test is easy, and the assay utilizes existing tissue from the diagnostic biopsy, so no additional biopsies or blood draws are required.
Ordering is Simple
- Fill out the Prolaris Biopsy Test Request Form and fax to 801-883-3256 or email to prolarisCS@myriad.com along with the following information:
- Insurance documentation
- Pathology Report
- Our dedicated customer care team will coordinate with the external pathology lab to obtain the required prostate tissue.
- Myriad receives and processes the sample from the pathology lab.
- Test results are sent directly to the physician’s practice. If you want to get results even faster, register for MyriadPro here.
- Physician and patient use the results to determine a personalized prostate cancer treatment plan.
1. Crawford ED, Scholz MC, Kar AJ, et al. Cell Cycle Progression Score and Treatment Decisions in Prostate Cancer:Results From an Ongoing Registry. Curr Med Res Opin 2014; 1-7
2. Shore, N D., et al. Impact of the cell cycle progression test of physician and patient treatment selection for localized prostate cancer. The Journal of Urology 2016;195(3),612- 618
3. Lin, D. W., et al. Identification of men with low-risk biopsy-confirmed prostate cancer as candidates for active surveillance. Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations. 2018; doi: 10.1016/j.urolonc.2018.03.011.